This quick little guidebook will explain what really works in developing and implementing a recognition program and what wastes both your time and your money.
Excerpt from the introduction to The Secret to Recognition Programs that Work:
I wrote this book for you, the recognition program administrators and designers who have been tasked with creating recognition programs that address employees’ pleas for meaningful recognition. What you will read in this book comes from research, observation, and experience.
Over the years, I have seen a great deal of effort and money wasted on programs that didn’t address what employees most wanted. I have also worked with organizations that achieved excellent results without overspending.
This book will help you avoid wasting your resources by sharing with you the common mistakes of recognition program design and implementation. I will show you the key considerations and strategies for making your next recognition program a success.
In these pages you will learn:
- Why much of the money spent on recognition is wasted.
- How to create commitment.
- What makes recognition meaningful.
- Nine key program considerations.
The Secret to Recognition Programs that Work may be a small book, but don’t let the size fool you. Read it from cover to cover and you will gain important insights into what really works and what is a waste of both your time and money.
Table of Contents
- Catalysts for Manager Commitment
- Help Managers Build Good Habits
- What Do Managers Need to Know
- Nine Program Considerations
- Tips for Dealing with Cynicism
- Strategies for Achieving and Maintaining Program Momentum
- Recognition Ideas
- Final Thoughts
Quantity discounts available