For years I have been talking about the value of the handwritten note, thoughtful email, or even a encouraging text. And for years, readers have been asking for new ways to send these messages. How can we improve on the basic written form of recognition? Well, what if you could:
- Create a running feed where everyone could see the notes?
- Track who is using the system, discovering gaps in usage as well as who your champions are?
- Customize individual profiles that outline some basic preferences?
- Post and receive notes directly to your smart phone?
- Share your notes on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn?
Seems to me that such a set up could really facilitate organization-wide recognition – especially in a youthful organization where social networking could have the greatest effect.
Enter Sparcet, a brand new app, just out of beta testing, that could be a great way to build on existing recognition within your organization or your team. If you want to check it out:
It is free. Sign up and test it out. Send invites to a few people in your organization. Send me an invite if you wish. Play with the system. Tell me what you think. I see a lot of possibilities for this app, and would love to hear from you.
The features I have mentioned here are free. They have additional engagement provoking strategies that will cost your company a bit of money, but the basic app that allows you to send your messages with words of praise and appreciation is free.