Praise for Make Their Day!
– Robert Levering, coauthor of Fortune’s annual "100 Best Companies to Work for in America"
This is no ordinary management book. Cindy Ventrice has done her research. She’s looked at a variety of companies and interviewed dozens of managers to look beneath the surface. There are many books on employee recognition, but this one is by far the best.
– Ken Blanchard, coauthor, The One Minute Manager and Whale Done!
I’ve said the key to developing people and creating great organizations is to catch people doing things right. In Make Their Day! you’ll learn how to best recognize others for their contributions.
– Doug Purcell, VP Public Sector Service Sales, Cisco
In this second edition, I enjoyed the additional insights into organizational culture and the issue of fairness, which align nicely with the need to personalize recognition
– Sharon Jordan-Evans, President, Jordan Evans Group, co-author of Love 'Em or Lose 'Em: Getting Good People to Stay
Anyone who manages anyone should read this book. If you’re going to spend time (or money) on rewards or recognition, you might as well get maximum return on your investment. Follow Cindy’s suggestions and there’s no doubt you’ll do that. You’ll have engaged, happy employees who want to stick around and do their best for you!
– Marshall Goldsmith, Founding Director of the Alliance for Strategic Leadership and the Financial Times Knowledge Dialogue.
Recognition is a key to retention, pride, motivation, and ultimately effectiveness. In Make Their Day! Cindy shows us why it is so important and how to do it. This is one of the most comprehensive and useful books ever written on this topic!
– Bob Nelson, Ph.D., President, Nelson Motivation Inc. and author of 1001 Ways to Reward Employees and The 1001 Rewards & Recognition Fieldbook
In Make Their Day: Employee Recognition That Works, Cindy Ventrice has done at excellent job at identifying the key issues that make or break effective recognition today with fresh examples and case studies that support her advice and show it can be done.
– Bill Catlette, co-author of Contented Cows Give Better Milk.
This book is chock full of ideas that work. Read it, and you will come away with a profound understanding of the kind of recognition your people REALLY value and respond to. Hint… it’s not the T-shirts, plaques, trips, trinkets, and other stuff you’ve been wasting money on!
– Mike Little, VP Worldwide Professional Services and Support and GM Asia Pacific—Remedy Corporation
The ideas and concepts that Cindy identifies in this book will help managers tune in to the type of recognition employees need most and in turn maximize their collective performance.
– Kip Tindell, CEO and President, The Container Store
An insightful roadmap for business leaders who want to create a work environment where employees thrive and enjoy getting out of bed and heading to work each day. Cindy Ventrice hits the mark with great perspective on the kind of recognition that great employees crave and deserve.
– Norm Weiss, President—Design Octaves, Inc
Cindy has taken a complex subject and has turned it into ‘nuts and bolts’ basics! From her critical observations, she has distilled a wide-ranging variety of business management styles down to an almost 1,2,3,4 ‘here’s how it’s done technique.
– Elizabeth Carlassare, writer and author of Dotcom Divas
If you want to learn what really makes people tick, read this book! It contains the tools you need to unleash people’s potential and bring out the best in all types of relationships—from relationships with employees and coworkers to relationships with friends and family.