Praise for Make Their Day!
– Robert Levering, coauthor of Fortune’s annual "100 Best Companies to Work for in America"
This is no ordinary management book. Cindy Ventrice has done her research. She’s looked at a variety of companies and interviewed dozens of managers to look beneath the surface. There are many books on employee recognition, but this one is by far the best.
– Ken Blanchard, coauthor, The One Minute Manager and Whale Done!
I’ve said the key to developing people and creating great organizations is to catch people doing things right. In Make Their Day! you’ll learn how to best recognize others for their contributions.
– Doug Purcell, VP Public Sector Service Sales, Cisco
In this second edition, I enjoyed the additional insights into organizational culture and the issue of fairness, which align nicely with the need to personalize recognition
– Sharon Jordan-Evans, co-author of Love 'Em or Lose 'Em: Getting Good People to Stay
Anyone who manages anyone should read this book. If you’re going to spend time (or money) on rewards or recognition, you might as well get maximum return on your investment. Follow Cindy’s suggestions and there’s no doubt you’ll do that.
– Marshall Goldsmith, Founding Director of the Alliance for Strategic Leadership and the Financial Times Knowledge Dialogue.
Recognition is a key to retention, pride, motivation, and ultimately effectiveness. In Make Their Day! Cindy shows us why it is so important and how to do it. This is one of the most comprehensive and useful books ever written on this topic!
– Bob Nelson, Ph.D., author of 1001 Ways to Reward Employees
Cindy Ventrice has done at excellent job at identifying the key issues that make or break effective recognition today with fresh examples and case studies that support her advice and show it can be done.
– Kip Tindell, CEO and President, The Container Store
An insightful roadmap for business leaders who want to create a work environment where employees thrive and enjoy getting out of bed and heading to work each day. Cindy Ventrice hits the mark with great perspective on the kind of recognition that great employees crave and deserve.
– Norm Weiss, President—Design Octaves, Inc
Cindy has taken a complex subject and has turned it into ‘nuts and bolts’ basics! From her critical observations, she has distilled a wide-ranging variety of business management styles down to an almost 1,2,3,4 ‘here’s how it’s done technique.
– Rachel Stevens, Staff Care Coordinator, Food for the Hungry
Make Their Day! and the webinar Recognition for Managers were extremely helpful and provided many great resources to help develop our training. I did a considerable amount of research and this material is by far some of the best!